Monday, March 3, 2014

Year...

A Whole Effing Year


That's how long it's been since I posted here.

How can I expect anyone to follow this blog or keep any interest whatsoever if that's the level of dedication I demonstrate? Shame on me.

I think it's because I'm vain and lazy. My Facebook feed gets headlines from Politico, Drudge, Politifact, the BBC - all the usual suspects, and it's just so easy to blab about something right there on my wall. That's the lazy part.

The vanity comes in the form of friends and followers who then either engage me with a rebuttal or just tell me I'm awesome. I know the truth. I am not awesome, but it's still gratifying to be praised. This blog was started because I wrote something that went viral and resulted in lots of friend requests from people I don't know; people who fell under the impression that I was awesome. I wanted to keep that illusion going by shielding them from my the inane reality of me, but the blog format is just not as conducive to praise, so there we are.

Lazy and vain.

Perhaps I should delete "The Calm Voice of Rage" and re-title this web space "Lazy and Vain"?

Moving Forward

I'm thinking maybe I should pare things down a bit and focus. Maybe I need to concentrate more on what's interesting. I do pretty interesting stuff in the grand scheme of things. I go interesting places and see interesting things, so maybe I'll focus on that for a while. 

The next series of posts will feature places I've been along with some some brilliant, profound philosophical observations about those places. 

That's the plan. If you're reading this you must really care. I owe it to you to give you a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment